The “gimme” part of this is to bring Dad to Chattanooga Market. We’re making it easy for you. It’s a great family outing and we’ve added a few extras to boost Dad’s day: Bacon, Beer and Blues.
Here are 5 easy gift ideas (all available Sunday at Chattanooga Market):
1. “Non-traditional” neck ties and bow ties. Yes, it may sound cliche. But, when it’s designed and crafted by a local artist, using some pretty swanky fabrics, it’s a hip gift. Check out the options at Fitted Stitches for something unique.
2. New at Chattanooga Market! This artist’s leather works are amazing. Satchels, wallets and totes in several trendy styles. Visit Stryker of Live Steadfast on Sunday for sure.
3. Ok, we keep saying it. BACON. But seriously, it brings a certain happiness to a man. Barton Creek Farms is selling FRESH bacon – just grab a few pounds and call it done.
4. Want to be practical, yet unique? Give Dad a handcrafted cutting board from The Board Man. His boards come in many sizes and unique woods. Grab some fresh goods from Bluff View Bakery and Rafting Goat Cheese and give it whirl at dinner.
5. If the man in your life is the gun carryin’ sort, he’ll appreciate a nice leather-carved holster. With many to choose from, each one is hand crafted by Dale Shannon of Misty Mountain Acres. It just doesn’t get much more unique than that!
1. Come early. Send mom over to “Mix It Up” for a Mimosa. It’s not an every Sunday thing – it’s special. While she’s doing that….Dad or Kids can get her a fresh bouquet of flowers, without waiting in line.
2. Several vendors will be offering “gift sets” of their products for Mother’s Day. Jewelry, soaps, candles are always appreciated for sure, but what about a painting or piece of art that she can remember forever?
3. Plan ahead. Moms LOVE to be treated to a meal at home (really!), but one that she didn’t have to prepare (or clean up after). We will have nearly everything for a home-cooked meal Sunday: Spices, pasta, beef, goat cheese, lettuces, berries, breads, salsa and NEW this year, wild Alaskan salmon…..Make your list.
4. Bring her hungry. If you didn’t know, we have a new food court with a few new options. Don’t worry, your favorites are still there, but you may not have tried the new Caribbean or Cuban style food trucks for a different flavor. Oh, and rumor has it, the first pick of strawberries from Flat Top Farms will be there along with Ellie’s famous chocolate covered version.
5. Coming from a MOM, the most important thing is for the family to be together! As our families grow and schedules are busy, it takes effort to get together. Your greatest gift to Mom will be dedicating the time to be together – at Chattanooga Market of course!